Quotient Comes Together for a Week of Action
Giving back to our communities is at the heart of Quotient. This year, we were excited to host our first annual Week of Action volunteer week to show our commitment to reinvesting in our local communities as part of our new Quotient for Change philanthropy program.
Read on to see the different initiatives that Quotient employees tackled across the world.
Making Local Impacts on a Global Scale
Taking advantage of our remote work settings, our team went above and beyond to expand what is normally a single “Day of Action” into a full “Week of Action” that offered both in-person and virtual volunteering opportunities. The result was a successful and fulfilling service week across our global offices.
- In the U.S. our employees took part in a variety of virtual and in-person events ranging from assembling hundreds of educational access kits for kids around the country to outdoor clean-ups, sorting donations at food banks and making blankets for children and families in need.
- In Bangalore, volunteer tasks included working with children to help develop financial literacy and good savings habits, creating “Bags of Hope” by turning t-shirts to create reusable tote bags and face masks and upcycling newspapers into paper bags.
- In the UK, employees volunteered at the Little Village to sort secondhand baby clothes to be donated to families in need and helped upcycle baths into educational garden planters at the Olive Branch Community Garden.
- In France, employees took part in an email cleanup session to help reduce the carbon emissions associated with unwanted emails. The office also made a monetary donation to Aves and, along with the UK office, kicked-off a book drive to benefit local charities.
- In Israel, volunteers met at an elementary school for children with special needs to renovate the school yard and garden. They also painted outdoor games to help the students with their skills and educational development.
- Globally, employees came together to participate in our Week of Action Virtual 5K. Participants were able to walk, run, or bike their 5K from the comfort of their neighborhoods. Quotient donated on behalf of each participant to TechSoup Global, which provides technical support and technological tools to nonprofits around the world.
Wherever in the world our employees were, they came together and volunteered in a way that made sense for them. We loved seeing so much heart and action from Quotient employees on a global scale. Thank you to everyone who donated their time and contributed to making our first Week of Action such a success!
For more information about our Quotient for Change philanthropy program, contact us at [email protected] .