New Features Make the Popular Shopping List App More Intuitive, Powerful and Easier to Us
Mountain View, Calif. – May 9, 2012 – Coupons.com Incorporated today announced the availability of a new version of Grocery iQ, the popular shopping list app for mobile devices. Version 2.6 for iPhone and iPad introduces new features and usability enhancements that make creating, managing and sharing shopping lists as well as using coupons on a mobile device even better. Version 2.6 is free and available now in the Apple App Store.
“Grocery iQ brings the ubiquitous task of making shopping lists into the modern age, replacing crumpled up paper lists with powerful functionality that saves time, streamlines shopping, and even helps budget-conscious shoppers save money with digital coupons,” said Steven Boal, CEO of Coupons.com Incorporated. “With a host of features and functionality that makes shopping easier for our millions of users, Grocery iQ allows users to add products to their shopping lists via voice recognition, barcode scanning or typing. They can also share their lists with friends and family by syncing them to other mobile devices and even the web.”
Often cited as a “must-have” app, Grocery iQ has been recommended by numerous national publications and broadcast outlets such as Oprah, The Today Show, The CBS Early Show, Forbes, USA Today, The New York Times and The Chicago Tribune, and even used on the reality TV show Top Chef Masters. Grocery iQ provides a host of features that make it easy to create, organize and share shopping lists, plus find and use coupons.
Highlights of Grocery iQ 2.6 include:
• Voice recognition, an entirely new feature for iOS users of Grocery iQ, allows users to add items by speaking. Users can even dictate multiple items in a continuous list for automatic recognition and addition to the list.
Search and scanning
• Predictive search feature that recommends products as a user types while referencing a massive database of items and products; now incorporating the user’s History and Favorites to improve and personalize search results.
• Search capability for coupons by keyword in coupon galleries; coupons are now integrated into product search results.
• Innovative barcode scanning that allows users to easily scan and add multiple items to a list.
List building and organization
• Simplified management of multiple lists allows new lists to be created right from the main page on the Lists tab, where lists can be added for types of stores (grocery, drug store, etc.) or events (like Sam’s Birthday, Pot Luck, Monthly Stock up Trip, etc.) or any other way users like to organize their shopping. Lists can easily be renamed, reordered or deleted.
• Auto-suggest allows shoppers to begin typing a product name or brand, and Grocery iQ will suggest grocery items, user favorites and coupons to add to lists.
Share and sync lists
• Grocery iQ allows users to share synchronized lists with other users, and the new Sync tab brings this very popular feature to the surface. Lists are automatically kept up to date with friends and family using phones and tablets running the iOS and Android operating systems as well as the web (using www.groceryiq.com).
• Users can email shopping lists and coupons to themselves or others, for sharing or printing.
Save to Card
• Save to Card functionality is now easily accessed from the Stores tab. This allows users to save coupons directly to supported retailers’ loyalty cards. Store location information and maps can also be found using the Stores tab.
Improved coupon integration
• Notification of coupons available for items on a list. This new capability features a “peel-off” icon for items on users’ lists to alert them of potential savings. Also, each list category shows a total of all available savings for types of products for which consumers may be shopping.
• Improved Details view displays coupons for products related to items on a list. Users can also add product details like quantity and product size in this view.
• New “Recommended Coupons” feature displays a customized list of recommended coupons based on the items users have added to their shopping lists.
The architecture of Grocery iQ has also been updated to allow white-labeled versions, enabling retailers (including grocery, drug and mass chains) and brands as well as publishers and associations to offer customized shopping-list applications.
Version 2.5 for Android devices remains available in the Android Market. All versions of Grocery iQ are free to download and sync across platforms including iOS, Android and web. For more information, visit www.groceryiq.com.
About Coupons Incorporated
Coupons.com Incorporated is the recognized leader in digital coupons, including online printable, save to loyalty card and mobile promotions. For consumers, the company’s products include Coupons.com, the 42nd largest website in the U.S. (†), as well as Grocery iQ and Coupons.com mobile applications. For brand marketers, the company distributes digital coupons to millions of consumers through Coupons.com and tens of thousands of websites comprising the Coupons.com digital coupon network. The company also powers digital coupon initiatives in 1-to-1 online marketing campaigns—including display advertising, email and social media programs. For publishers, the company offers solutions to monetize website traffic, including branded microsites, and Brandcaster, a self-service coupons syndication platform. Clients include hundreds of top consumer packaged goods brands (including Clorox, General Mills, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg’s, Kimberly-Clark, and Kraft Foods), leading restaurant, toy and entertainment companies, as well as top retailers (such as A&P, CVS, Duane Reade, H-E-B, Kmart, Kroger, Safeway and Walgreens). Founded in 1998, the company is based in Mountain View, CA. To start printing coupons, visit www.coupons.com. To learn more about the company visit www.couponsinc.com. Visit Coupons.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/couponscom.
† Nielsen, March 2012