MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – May 12, 2010 – Coupons.com Incorporated today announced that, with new agreements with several leading grocery and mass retailers, the Coupons.com digital coupon network will expand to include the Web sites of more than 38,000 retail outlets. Under the agreements, Coupons.com will power digital coupon galleries for the retailers and their selected banners, enabling them to offer online printable coupons and/or Save to Card coupons on their Web sites. The Coupons.com digital coupon network is the largest of its kind and delivers savings to millions of consumers every month, including on-the-go shoppers via Coupons.com and Grocery iQ mobile applications.
“Our digital coupon platform enables retailers to quickly and easily launch coupon galleries on their Web sites,” said Boal. “Coupon galleries increase visitation time to the retailer’s Web sites, help position the retailer as being on the cutting edge with new technologies, and generate incremental revenue for the retailers as well.”
Digital coupons provide direct benefits for retailers, enabling them to:
• Engage with consumers where they are, online: An increasing number of consumers are using the Internet as a resource for savings. With coupons on their Web sites, retailers can actively engage directly with online consumers.
• Drive sales: Research shows that coupons drive incremental volume and trial. Research also shows that coupon users tend to shop more frequently and spend more per shopping trip.
• Increase sales and visibility of private label products: Retailers can readily self-publish coupons for their private-label brands alongside offers from national brands.
• Directly increase the bottom line: Retailers can earn additional revenue by participating as publishers in the Coupons.com DigitalFSI network.
• Measure online marketing investment: Retailers can use coupons to help measure the effectiveness of their online marketing investments, including Web site and other digital media initiatives.
Today’s announcement comes on the heels of Coupons.com’s announcement last week in which the company introduced its digital clearing services for retailers and manufacturers for digitally-redeemed coupons, including verification, redemption, payment and settlement.